Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Missed Connections, except with objects instead of people

Holiday season poverty combined with the shift in shopping mentality from decorating my home to filling the empty space beneath my grandmother's tree has resulted in a lot more covert shopping photography.  Looking at this batch of photographs definitely caused me to think a few times, "Wait, why didn't I buy that?  Oh that's right, I can't afford a dollar thrift store hat because it's Christmas."



My friend Andrew, who is holding this picture, was terrified by it.



We had these exact same mugs in my house growing up.



I collect elephants and it was really hard to walk away without buying this whole batch.  I almost bought a few, but they were too expensive.



Ditto for this Collection of saints!  Apparently one of this store's donors collect all the same things as I do.  Ultimately the male saints were deemed too large, as a way of limiting what I took home.



I've been thinking about beautiful serving wear for my friend Emily's wedding, which I am planning!


And I have been thinking about owls for my friend Mark's apartment, which I have been hired to decorate!


This hat must have been simply too small for an adult head, or I most certaintly would've bought it.


Why didn't I buy this?



What a great combination of art; how appropriate it's the window display.



This guy seemed so lonely and holy in this dirty corner.



I love that couch!




After my last blog entry about unpurchased thrift store goodies, I ended up going back and buying the kitchy rose pattern knee high rain boots!  Maybe something from this batch of photos will be gone back for...

No comments:

Post a Comment